Thursday, 6 August 2009

Prisoner-In-Junput








One month before hand I didn't realise that it would turn out to be a self imposed exile. The most hostile place mankind. Its not that people don't stay there, it's just people has lost its battle fighting with nature and the supreme - MAN, himself.





It was a rough ride but an excited one, asking myself every now and then, is it really what people say? Is the place really worth going? Even when I got on the bus to Junput, I wasn't sure what was I doing; may be I was driven away by excitement. Nevertheless, till stepping foot on the place, inside our rooms, I was like a relaxed bird but as soon as the curtains were drawn I was BLANK!








The place is nothing better than the rain-forests of Malaysia where the team of Is Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao are shooting. Its a breeding ground of insects, mosquitoes, smelly fishes etc. No sooner we had entered, we felt like when we will leave this place. We were attacked by all sorts of things, smaller things of nature, as if telling us and hurting us for entering their zone, as if we were INTRUDERS!





The first day went like hell, we trying and searching every way to tackle the small beasts, sometimes searching ways to fly away from this unknown, yet untainted land. But it played a mysterious role, disturbing us but made us stay till end.







The place as the habitats there said was once a beauty but the war of HUMANS destroyed it and I guess it was taking its revenge on us. Politics didn't leave this small place also. Even in that place there was beauty, reminiscences of past, places of the owner's dream to make a place they never saw before.








Junput is said to be a beside sea but the sea is far far away from it. Yes, once it use to be beside the resort where we resided. The resort is an wonderful place but it is not at all looked after and maintened. What we heard is that after election when the party hold got changed, the TMC didn't let the CPI(M) supporters work there. The owner said either the old people will work or the resort will get shut! Don't know what the truth is really but we did felt. The roads are as bad as the infrastructure of the place.







Junput is 1hour 10mins away from Digha and 1hour away from Mandarmoni. Whoever goes to this place should once visit all the neighbouring place. However Junput isn't anymore a place to stay for more than 1 day.







However after spending three days there, I'll say, I enjoyed atleast 20percent coz I went with a huge group. I even got drenched on the last day at the beach, the tides were present as it was full moon day. Anyways do experience all type of fun guys. I hope the place gets what it needs, roads, infrastructure, support and people, true-spirited.

3 comments:

Sarah Alaoui said...

haha funny post! great cartoon, too.

Sudatta said...

ma'am wrong post u r commenting on!

Aditya said...

lol Nicely written. Reminded me of my college days-too notorious :P .

My education days are over last month :(( unless I decide to do PHd (Impossible :P)

Keep writing. Cheers