Wednesday, 19 August 2009

Time made us foolish or We were born foolish



Today while attending my honours class, I decided to write this blog. My friend was laughing when I told him but after what happened I guess I should really write. It's going to three years and then it will all end - COLLEGE. Our dream when we are young, somewhere in between our teenage, fighting with rules and school disciplines. But very few of us know what college really is until we get admitted. My views were never like,"Get the hell out of school and have a blast in college" but they were like "have fun in your limits". But no sooner I and many like me got in, we were like,"What's the damn good difference between college and school?" None couldn't answer.



My 1st year went in seriousness, attending classes, doing work regularly and almost becoming a favourite student to professors and a bad girl to co-mates! But don't know what changed in 2nd year!! We did attend classes, especially my group of friends but had fun too, like going to the Ganga ghat to have fun, watch river dolphins sometimes, checking out Durga Idols before Puja's, taking stupid videos and enjoying later, suddenly deciding to watch crappy bengali movies etc etc. And in this process me and my group did what we never realised that we actually did.



When we realised it was exam times, one of our professors and one of the best came to me and said in front of the whole crowd,"You don't attend classes and you come to give exams!!??" I was like "huh"!! C'mon my HOD never told me, she is like always smiling and why suddenly this professor. Then it shot me and may be I said also(don't know whether she heard or not) that I don't attend her classes only!! Well I didn't feel guilty! Anyways. That's a different part of the story!



What actually happened is that today, which is the 11th class of this year, my attendance is 6 which is fair enough coz many of them attended their 1st class today. But the same professor today told me in particular, I'm irregular and I should watch out. She also mentioned about last year and that she doesn't know what happened to me. Next while she was teaching I made sure I was totally into my studies and believe the hell me, I was. She asked few questions and all answered in varied ways, only leaving one. 'Bellows' and 'Billows' are two different words and all of us know. But somewhere I like many mistook 'Billows' to be 'Bellows' and answered and she was like "Don't show your foolishness"!! C'mon I wasn't the only one and the was she pronounced should be marked also. But ok I was foolish but not me!







So I want to tell her, Ma'am We and especially I, respect you a lot. And more because you professors were the one's who supported me, stood beside me when no one was. But please don't say things which really doesn't match your sweet tenderness. Don't know what made you so angry against me only, ya may be for my betterment you saying so but it creates a different scenario to others. And if I'm really foolish, I was born foolish or time, which I didn't spend around you made me!! That's all!!

1 comment:

rahul said...

I guess spent around teachers makes us foolish for sure :)!!

nice blog!!