Sunday, 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

I stood yesterday, watching the world welcome a new day,
A new dawn, hope of prosperity, peace and success.

Everyone had already forgotten the year that was about to end,
The year that had shaped their thoughts, lives and much more.

I stood there watching the city, the lights, the fireworks,
Feeling the calmness of the night, breathing in the silent weather of the denouement.

A lot of words came overflowing, filling me up.
As I sat next to the edge to write down and capture the moment...

The moment had already passed by,
Too busy with myself and pleasure,
I had missed the minute that paved away to the new year.

3 comments:

Alok Kumar said...

May I have your Permission to share the link to your blog on a Facebook page...

Probable i am good with words, i may fail to appreciate it fully. so i wish to shere such things with others so they can....

Black Rose Gal said...

Surely :-)

Alok Kumar said...

Thank You...

Here is the link of the page. Wish you would like to visit

http://www.facebook.com/pensnpassages