Hypnophobia: Fear of sleeping



I am not a troubled person but one of my fears is the fear of sleeping alone or sleeping at night alone in the house.

This started almost a year back now. Once, I had called up few friends of mine and we were conversing about old house and my roommates said how seldom I am never at home at proper time. I only return home to sleep. Then all the stories how she saw supernatural stuff at my previous house came out.

Initially, I ignored but then I started having attacks that when am falling sleep someone is looking over me or someone will come and scare me when I am sleeping alone.

I shifted houses and yet the problem remains. So much I had taken up night shifts. I avoided being at home, when there were no one.

I stayed back at office, working and started sleeping in the morning.

My sleep pattern has gone for a toss now and I have no idea how to get over it.

People have their own lives and I cannot force them to stay at home. I took medical help and it hardly helped me. My doctor prescribed sleeping pills.

I took them initially and then all I did the whole day is sleep

So what is the solution, I ask?

If anyone knows, please feel free to help.

My physiotherapist says either face them or retreat and all I have been doing is the latter.

Now, I ask, what should I do?

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.