Mumbai - My Second Home

Things I Hate About Mumbai



So what should I start with, Once Upon A Time In Mumbai or Mumbai Meri Jaan? Rather I should say Once upon a time in Mumbai, meri jaan, I lived and experienced life. I am crazy girl from Violence-Struck Kolkata (Like Most Say), I have grown up there till my college days, in the City of Joy, left the city for betterment. And just where do I land up? In my second home, my Mumbai. No I don't call it my second home because I live here now but for the very fact that I have been here almost ten to twelve times, sharing a special connection with the City of Dreams.



This time the story is different, the experience and the life, unlike other times.Its almost like I am discovering the city again, rather for the first time. The streets, people, houses, offices, food and of all myself in the big city. All of these have made me approach towards the place in a different way now and most of the time making me compare with my hometown Kolkata, which I shouldn't. But I am a human and this is my nature.



Mumbai is a great place to live your younger days, when you wanna work, strive and prove to the world that you are worth being noticed! Nobody waits for no one here, nobody cares rather but when there is a crisis, the whole of Mumbai comes together to fight it. People here not only work hard but party hard to. You can live like a free bird, you will meet so many type of people and learn the good and the bad bits. Mumbai has enough reasons to make you fall in love with it but it has also got reasons to hate it, if not a lot but a little, at least to me.



First thing first I hate the transport system of Mumbai. No matter how many source of travel is there. I just hate it. Trains might be the lifeline of the city but that doesn't mean you will ignore the other sources and not work on them. Again trains might face problem then the other sources will feel the pressure but if you don't work on those sources how will they work nicely? Depending on one particular source is really bad.



Again the auto rickshaws can't travel beyond Bandra. I would have loved if it traveled between small distances, to the stations as I see a huge no of people depending on it.



Here we wait for one bus for one, two hours and there is no surety if it will really come. Then why the hell run buses? And people don't care about all these!!



The one thing I really expect from people is to know the city totally and not be ignorant of because I have seen a lot of them in few days ignorant about the city. Don't blame the government if there is a blast, blame yourself for being ignorant because I feel all that happened in the past is due to the ignorance of the people living here.



Having said all of these I am enjoying my stay in Mumbai but I wanna see Mumbai get out of the little things I disliked till now.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.